Thursday, December 19, 2013

Exquisite Anticipation

Since I was a child, I get super excited and nearly cross-eyed with Christmas anticipation. 

Holiday writing, editing, winter themes and beauty (I love snow) now combine to add to my professional glee.

There is a magical sparkle in the air that seems to coat nearly everyone and everything to some extent. Granted a few Scrooges still persist, but thankfully they are few in my daily sphere.

It seems anticipation and hope are key to our human existence and especially a reflection of childlike optimism. Will I get the puzzle I want? Wagon? Pony? Gifts are a delicious mystery and can potentially contain anything before they are opened. Well, maybe not a large pony.

Next time you are looking for a new book project, think about the anticipation prior to the holidays or getting a new tooth or waiting for the cat to have kittens. Children's writers, unlike other genre writers (e.g. science fiction), have actually experienced (and been) the very audience they serve. Enjoy the fun and fingers crossed for the pony! -Q

No comments:

Post a Comment