Monday, November 12, 2012

Creativity...Opening the Tap

It's Day 12 of Picture Book Idea Month (PiBoIdMo) and surprisingly I'm on schedule. Some ideas came in a flood and others dribbled in on the day they were needed. The key seems to be me. 

Let me repeat that. I am the key to my creativity. Who knew?! 

Making the decision to tackle the 2012 PiBoIdMo challenge allowed a creative cog to slide into place and OPEN THE TAP. 

My part was easy. I just had to commit time every day to soak up the ideas and write them down. Simple.

The hard part will be to work the best inspiration into stories I love, stories true to my writing voice.
How are you coming in this or other writing/illustrating challenges? Has the cog clicked? Share your successes and dry spells. 
-Q

1 comment:

  1. Love the camel, Quinn. Now let's see, what story could we come up with from it? Maybe weird desert animals and how they live in such a dry place. I'm keeping up with PiBoIdMo, but barely. I've just came up with my 14th idea!

    ReplyDelete