Thursday, December 20, 2012

Books as Gifts vs. Gift Books

I love books! For gift giving occasions, I love giving and receiving books. When giving, I try to match the person's interest with the gift. For science fiction writers, it might be How to Write Science Fiction and Fantasy by Orson Scott Card. For photographers, it might be Magnum Contact Sheets. In other words, I look for informational or how to books.

Other times, I gift fun books. I buy what someone will like vs. what he/she can use. For children's book writers, it might be The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore by William Joyce. For family members, it might be A Day Late and a Dollar Short by Spike Van Cleve, one of my father's favorites. 

It is also a great chance to do pay it forward marketing for author friends. I love to share great books written by author friends with family and non-writing friends. Whatever your gift giving needs. Think books!

Happy Holidays!
-Q

No comments:

Post a Comment