Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Why Now?

Its Day 20 of PiBoIdMo and I'm still on schedule. Ideas are flowing with little or no effort. It's fantastic. The only thing that puzzles me is why now? In the past few years, I've  polished and re-polished a few stories and really didn't look much beyond those. Now during my first PiBoIdMo, they arrive right on cue singly or in twos and threes. Again, why now? Was giving myself permission to open the tap? Perhaps, but I'm thinking that it goes back to being prepared, being receptive, and doing the groundwork. Working on my craft for weeks and years brought me closer to the point where ideas are recognized and accepted as valid. It's exciting! How about you? On track? Ahead? Lagging? It's all good.
-Q

1 comment:

  1. Glad your ideas are flowing, Quinn. Feels good doesn't it. I've got 20 ideas, so I'm pretty much on schedule. Now if I could just get some good stories from them.

    ReplyDelete