Sunday, June 17, 2012

Ray Bradbury - Lover of Life

National Endowment for the Arts video

Science fiction/fantasy legend, Ray Bradbury, died June 5, 2012. Like many, many other writers/readers
, Mr. Bradbury influenced how I saw life and fiction as a young adult. This endearing video should be required viewing for all fiction writers. 
Check out Ray Bradbury on his childhood love of reading, how he rented a library basement typewriter for 10 cents/half hour and wrote Farenheit 451, and how he has written every day for the past 75 years.

"The things that you do should be things that you love, and things that you love should be things that you do." - Ray Bradbury

I may watch this every day for a while, just to sync Bradbury's counsel with my creative wiring.
-Q

1 comment:

  1. I recently read Bradbury's fire burning book. Interesting read!

    I'm one of Kate's friends who lives in Memphis. I will be driving to the SCBWI conference on Friday but not leaving until after three because I also teach.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete